Green Dog Svalbard has a crew, consisting of 10-12 people, year around. Employees usually stay for 1-2 years or more. We offer a place to stay at or near the kennel, while working for us. All of our employees are sharing the workpload. The daily work routine consists of dog handling, picking up water, to recieve and launch trips, practical tasks at the kennel and if needed, assisting a guide.
It can be a physical and mental challenge to work in the cold and during the dark period. But you also get the chance to live and work in the high arctic nature with 275 dogs and your international collegaues. You will meet interesting people from all over the world and you will get some fantastic experiences in nature.
Green Dog is mainly looking for handlers with the following qualifications:
- Previous work experience from agriculture
- A professional, loyal and committed work attitude
- Long term employment. Minimum 1 year, preferably more.
- Social, happy personality and mentally stable
- Likes to work with animals and people.
- Speaks well English – willing to learn Norwegian.
- Experience from outdooractivities/camping
- Experience from winteractivities
- Craftsman skills/mechanical skills
- Drivers license is a must and we expect you to be a responsible and experienced driver. Trailer license has high priority.
We prefer employees with life experience and we have an average age of 30 years among our employees.
“Partyguides” have no interest, only serious people who thrive in nature and likes animals.
We expect you to bring your own tour equipment, such as:
- Polar boots (winter)
- Hikingboots (summer)
- Multitool (Leatherman)
- Compass etc.
If you are interested in applying for work, please click the button below and fill out the form. We need a photo, your application, CV and at least two references including phonenumber/email for former bosses.