Green Dog Svalbard has a permanent staff of 14 people. Employees usually stay for 1-2 years or more. While working for us, we offer you a place to stay close to the kennel. All of our employees are sharing the workpload. The daily work routine consists of dog handling, picking up water, to recieve and launch trips, practical tasks at the kennel and if needed, assisting a guide.
It can be physically hard and the winter darkness can also be a mental challenge. But you also get the chance to live and work in the High Arctic nature together with 275 dogs and your international colleagues – you will meet many exciting people from all over the world and you will have some fantastic nature experiences!
Green Dog is mainly looking for handlers with the following qualifications:
- Preferably previous work experience within agriculture.
- a professional, loyal and committed attitude.
- Longterm employment. Minimum a year.
- Social, happy, mentally stable.
- You like working with animals and people.
- Good English skills.
- Experience from outdoorlife.
- Experience from winter acticities.
- Any craftman skills are welcomed.
- Driving license for car and trailer is a must, and we expect you to be a responsible and experienced driver. Trailer driving license is given priority.
We prefer employees with life experience and we have an average age of 30 years among our employees.
“Partyguides” have no interest, only serious people who thrive in nature and likes animals.
We expect you to bring your own equipment, such as:
- Boots for winter
- Hikingboots for summer
- Multitool (Leatherman)
- Compass etc.
If you are interested in applying for work, please click the button below and fill out the form. We need a photo, an application, a CV and at least two references from former employers, including email/phonenumber contact details.