Green Dog Svalbard has a staff of 10-12 guides year around. Most of our guides stays for minimum 1 year and we employ new staff regularly. While working for Green Dog, we offer a place to live at the dog yard or close to. All staff share the work-load, but the handlers primary job is to take care of the dogs and to launch/receive sledges. The daily job routine includes handling, picking up water in town, practical work at the kennel and if needed the handler must be prepared to step in as co guide.
It can be physically hard work and the winter darkness can be a mental challenge. But you also get the chance to live and work in high arctic nature with your international colleagues and 275 friendly dogs – you get to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world and you will get some amazing experiences in the nature!
Green Dog is primarily looking for guides with the following qualifications:
- Previous musher experience – minimum 1 year.
- A professional, loyal and committed attitude.
- Looking for long-term employment.
- Social with a happy and stable mentality.
- Likes to work with people and animals – and outdoors.
- Capable of leading a large group- an authority.
- Speaks English – and willing to learn Norwegian.
- Nature camping experience.
- Experience from winter activities.
- Any kind of craftsman’s skills.
- A drivers license is a must and we expect you to be a skilled and responsible driver. License to drive a trailer/hanger has high priority.
We prefer guides with life experience and we keep an average age of around 25-35+ years amongst our employees.
We are not interested in “partyguides”, but responsible people who enjoys being in the nature.
We expect that you own and bring your own tour equipment, such as:
- Proper boots for sledding (winter)
- Hiking boots (summer)
- Rubber boots with spikes
- Multitool (Leatherman)
- Compass etc.
If you would like to work for us, click on the button below and fill out the form. We need a photo, your job application and your resume.