Green Dog Svalbard has a staff of 10-12 guides year around.
Most of our guides stays for minimum 1 year and we employ new staff regularly.
While working for Green Dog, we offer a place to live at the dog yard or close to. All staff share the work-load, so the work routine involves guiding all the different tours we are offering and handling the dogs. It can be physically hard work and the winter darkness can be a mental challenge. But you also get the chance to live and work in high arctic nature with your international colleagues and 250 friendly dogs - and you get to meet a lot of interesting people.
Green Dog is primarily looking for staff with the following qualifications:
- Previous dogsledding experience - minimum 1 years mushing.
- A professional, loyal and committed attitude.
- Looking for long-term employment.
- Social with a happy and stable mentality.
- Likes to work with people and animals - and outdoors.
- Capable of leading a large group.
- Speaks English - and willing to learn Norwegian.
- Nature camping experience. Experience from winter activities.
- Any kind of craftsman's skills.
- We prefer guides with life experience and we keep an average age of around 25-35 years amongst our guides. We are not interested in "partyguides", but responsible people who enjoys being in the nature.
- A drivers license is a must and we expect you to be a skilled and responsible driver. License to drive a trailer/hanger has high priority.
- We expect that you own and bring your own tour equipment , such as GPS , headlamp , proper boots for sledding (winter) and hiking (summer), spikes, multitool (Leatherman), compass etc.
If you wish to apply for a job at Green Dog ,please send your CV and photo application to email@example.com